You can make any day extraordinary as a Member of the American Museum of Natural History. When visiting the Museum, you’ll have special access to the exhibitions, collections, and scientists that make the American Museum of Natural History one of the world's leading museums.
Plus, your membership helps keep one of the world's leading Museum's doors open 363 days a year, advances our critical research, helps preserve the Museum's 34 million specimens and artifacts, and provides opportunities for nearly five million children and adults to explore science and nature every year.
Individual or Family
$115 / $150
Become a Member today so you can visit easily, often, and with these great benefits:
- Unlimited general admission and FREE special exhibition tickets for one or two adults (and up to four children with a Family Membership)
- Four FREE adult tickets to giant-screen movies (2D and 3D), or the fall/winter Butterfly Conservatory (includes eight free children’s tickets with Family Membership)
- Unlimited discounts on the Hayden Planetarium Space Show, additional giant-screen movies, or The Butterfly Conservatory
- Invitations to weekend previews of new exhibitions before they open to the public
- 10% discount on Museum Shop purchases
- 15% discount on Museum restaurant purchases
- And your membership is 100% tax-deductible
Have a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
We also offer extended benefit levels for those seeking specialized opportunities!
Looking for a deeper connection with the Museum? Join the Patrons Circle, a philanthropic community of lifelong learners committed to supporting the Museum’s mission. As a Patrons Circle member, you’ll enjoy exclusive benefits that provide a unique, insider’s look at the Museum.
- Private, guided tour of permanent or special exhibitions for you and your guests
- Invitations to before- and after- hours events, including two VIP special exhibition preview receptions and a Patrons-only breakfast
- Invitation to a luncheon hosted by the Museum President
- Concierge service, express ticketing, free coat check, and dedicated phone line in the Member Lounge
- Unlimited complimentary admission to the Museum, special exhibitions, Space Show, and giant-screen movies for up to six people when accompanied by Patron
- Ten guest passes for complimentary general admission
- Mention in the Museum’s Annual Report
- And $1,645 of your membership is tax-deductible
Under federal tax rules, grants by donor-advised funds (DAFs) and private foundations cannot be used for memberships in which the donor-advisors or disqualified persons receive more than an incidental benefit. Please contact your tax advisor or your DAF’s supporting organization for more information, including the possibility of waiving return benefits or using an alternate funding source to pay for the full membership.